Lettuce is making an appearance over at our Sportsmen’s location at 950 Blue Hill Avenue! These tasty organic greens will be sold at area farmer’s markets and to members of the community and ultimately the goal is to get it into the Boston city school system. Check our Flickr feed for more lettuce pics!
- Veteran urban farmers Bobby Walker and Nataka Crayton-Walker, who have managed a 5,000 square foot market garden and farm stand in lower Roxbury, manage City Growers four urban farm sites with fellow urban farmer Joe Reese.
Our Farm Manager
- With four years farming experience on small scale organic farms in the Boston area and surrounding communities, Greg Bodine manages City Growers crop production.
• Sportsmen's Tennis Club (Dorchester)
• Greater Four Corners Action Coalition (Dorchester)
• Tommy's Rock Neighborhood Association (Roxbury)
• Garrison Trotter Neighborhood Association (Roxbury)
• Roxbury Hill Association, with special support from Todd Payton
Urban Farming ConferenceUrban Farming Conference Information & Tickets
The annual Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference (UFC) is designed to advance the opportunities and address the barriers involved in cultivating a thriving urban farming sector. The UFC is a forum to share information regarding what is currently happening in Boston and other local urban communities and to map out a vision for urban farming in Massachusetts. Boston and other local urban communities in Massachusetts have the potential to offer a fresh, local healthy food supply while promoting economic and environmental sustainability, as well as healthy communities, employment at livable wages, food security, youth engagement and more.
- The city is in the grips of a vegolution, and it's thanks to the efforts of local food activists, hoping to use... fb.me/3oKAzSRzI 2 years ago
- South Africa's urban farming revolution fb.me/2B5RxLoBV 2 years ago
- City Growers and other local in the food movement featured in this article! fb.me/70dNe4Jge 2 years ago
City Grown and City Sold