After so much talk about the new year, don’t let Mayor Menino’s 2013 agenda slip under your radar! The Mayor has promised to pass new legislation in support of our local food economy! Check out what Wholesome Wave is saying about it! http://wholesomewave.org/mayor-tom-menino-ramps-up-bostons-innovative-city-food-policies/
- Veteran urban farmers Bobby Walker and Nataka Crayton-Walker, who have managed a 5,000 square foot market garden and farm stand in lower Roxbury, manage City Growers four urban farm sites with fellow urban farmer Joe Reese.
Our Farm Manager
- With four years farming experience on small scale organic farms in the Boston area and surrounding communities, Greg Bodine manages City Growers crop production.
• Sportsmen's Tennis Club (Dorchester)
• Greater Four Corners Action Coalition (Dorchester)
• Tommy's Rock Neighborhood Association (Roxbury)
• Garrison Trotter Neighborhood Association (Roxbury)
• Roxbury Hill Association, with special support from Todd Payton
Urban Farming ConferenceUrban Farming Conference Information & Tickets
The annual Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference (UFC) is designed to advance the opportunities and address the barriers involved in cultivating a thriving urban farming sector. The UFC is a forum to share information regarding what is currently happening in Boston and other local urban communities and to map out a vision for urban farming in Massachusetts. Boston and other local urban communities in Massachusetts have the potential to offer a fresh, local healthy food supply while promoting economic and environmental sustainability, as well as healthy communities, employment at livable wages, food security, youth engagement and more.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
City Grown and City Sold